The guidelines to be discuss in Sydney on Thursday, the first of their kind in the world, will include recommendations on how much calcium, vitamin D and weight bearing exercise is needed to keep bones strong and prevent fractures.
What does WBE stand for?
WBE stands for Weight Bearing Exercise
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WBE
We have 39 other meanings of WBE in our Acronym Attic
- Wholesale Beer Distributors of Texas
- Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution
- Wide Band Data Transmission System
- Wideband Data Transfer Switch
- Wide Band Digital Cross Connect
- W. Bradley Electric Inc (Redwood City, CA)
- Warner Bros. Entertainment
- Wavelength Bypass Edge
- Web-Based Education
- WebSphere Business Events (IBM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The best exercise is weight bearing exercise in the form of squatting movements (squats, lunges, step-ups, etc.
Weight bearing exercise even for just 20 minutes per day can strengthen the skeleton significantly.
Weight bearing exercise and adequate dietary calcium can improve your odds by helping to maintain bone density and strength, but aging, estrogen loss, and low body mass index work against you.
Other factors that reduce risk of fracture in Asian women may include more efficient calcium absorption, more weight bearing exercise, greater flexibility, and better balance.