Wechsler Memory Scale, Third Edition, selected subtests.
What does WMSIII stand for?
WMSIII stands for Wechsler Memory Scale
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- World Mind Sports Games
- Whitfield Medical Surgical Hospital (Mississippi)
- Washington Metropolitan Society of Health System Pharmacists
- Western Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Wall Motion Score Index
- Warning and Monitoring Systems International (natural hazards warning system)
- Waste Micro Systems, Inc. (Saint Clair Shores, MI)
- Water Management Services, Inc. (Florida)
- Wealth Management Systems, Inc. (financial services industry; Bedminster, NJ)
- Web Marketing Services, Inc. (Clarksville, VA)
- Western Massachusetts Sports Journal
- Maritime Security Cutter, Large
- Weapons, Munitions and Sensors List
- Weighted Maximum Segment Length
- Western Missouri Soccer League
- Wet Mock Simulated Launch (Gemini-Titan rocket; US NASA)
- Wet My Self Laughing
- Whitehorse Medical Services Ltd. (Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada)
- Wesley Memorial Student Ministries (High Point, NC)
- Webmaster's Social Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
This edition has been updated to incorporate the most recent instruments, including the Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System, and the fourth editions of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale, and the Wechsler Memory Scale.
In the first clinical trial, patients who received the nutrients showed a statistically significant level of improvement compared to control subjects: 40% of the treated patients improved performance in a test of verbal memory (memory for words, as opposed to memory of locations or experiences) known as the Wechsler Memory Scale, while 24% of patients who received the control drink improved their performance.
the Wechsler Verbal IQ score (Heaton, Chelune & Lehman, 1978; * immediate logical (verbal) memory measured by the Wechsler Memory Scale and verbal attention measured by the Paced Auditory Serial Addition Test (Brooks et al.
Secondary outcome measures included the Rey Auditory Verbal Learning Test (RAVLT), the Wechsler Memory Scale (WMS-III), and the Rivermead Behavioral Memory Test (RBMT).
On multiple evaluations including the Wechsler memory scale, Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE), and Hasegawa dementia scale, 29 (58%) of the huperzine-treated patients showed significant improvements in memory as well as in cognitive and behavioral functions, compared with 19 (36%) of placebo-treated patients (Zhongguo Yao Li Xue Bao 1995;16:391-5).
Furthermore, the other two significant results--the negative relationship with PCBs and the positive relationship with DDE--occurred on the delayed recall portion of the logical memory subtest of the Wechsler Memory Scale (WMS).
Subjects (n = 193) were between the ages of 50 and 80, reported memory impairment without evidence of dementia, neurological illness or other medical cause and scored at least one standard deviation below the mean established for young adults on the Wechsler Memory Scale - Revised, Paired Associate Learning Test.