In March 2002, it released the world's first web services transactioning product, collaborating with Fujitsu, Iona, Oracle and Sun to develop the Web Services Composite Application Framework specifications.
What does WSCAF stand for?
WSCAF stands for Web Services Composite Application Framework
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Washington Sporting Clays Association
- Washington State Cemetery Association
- Washington State Chiropractic Association
- Western Speech Communication Association (Fort Collins, CO; now Western States Communication Association)
- Western States Communication Association (Fort Collins, CO)
- Western States Contracting Alliance
- Wisconsin Charter Schools Association
- Workshop on Web Service Composition and Adaptation
- West Surrey College of Art and Design (UK)
- Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Washington School of Clinical and Advanced Hypnosis (est. 1996)
- Washington State chapter of the Community Associations Institute
- Womens Soccer Colleges Association of Ireland
- Westminster Seminary California (Escondido, California)
- Warrington Safeguarding Children Board (UK)
- Warwickshire Safeguarding Children Board (UK)
- West Siberian Commercial Bank
- Wigan Safeguarding Children Board (Wigan Council; Wigan, Greater Manchester, England)
- Worcestershire Safeguarding Children Board (Worcester, England, UK)
- West Sister Charter Boat Association (Toledo, OH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When Web services are used in combination, the ability to set the boundaries of an activity (such as start/end or success/failure) and to inform participants of changes to activities become extremely important," explained Eric Newcomer of IONA Technologies, co-chair of the OASIS Web Services Composite Application Framework (WS-CAF) Technical Committee.
More recently, Arjuna collaborated with Fujitsu, Iona, Oracle and Sun to develop the Web Services Composite Application Framework specifications.
He also helped propose and form the OASIS Asynchronous Service Access Protocol Technical Committee (ASAP TC), has been an active member of the Workflow Management Coalition, is heavily involved in the development of standards such as Web Services Composite Application Framework (WS-CAF) and Asynchronous Service Access Protocol (ASAP), and was part of the technical committee for the Object Management Group (OMG) workflow interface effort.
Eric is co-author and editor of the recently published Web Services Composite Application Framework (WS-CAF) set of specifications submitted to OASIS.
The OASIS Web Services Composite Application Framework (WS-CAF) Technical Committee will define a set of royalty-free, interoperable, modular specifications that will enable the development of composite applications, ranging from simple to complex combinations of Web services and encompassing a useful range of transaction and coordination requirements.
The Web Services Composite Application Framework is a collection of three specifications -- Web Service Context (WS-CTX), Web Service Coordination Framework (WS-CF), and Web Service Transaction Management (WS-TXM) - designed to solve problems that arise when multiple Web services are used in combination ("composite applications") to support information sharing and transaction processing.