The JTWC brought together the efforts of the Navy's Weather Centrals at Guam, the Philippines, and Hawaii as well as the Air Force's Weather Wing (in Japan) and their component typhoon warning centers near Manila and in Japan under one coordinating organization.
What does WWG stand for?
WWG stands for Weather Wing
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WWG
We have 80 other meanings of WWG in our Acronym Attic
- White-Winged Fairy Wren (bird)
- Will Write for Wine (podcast)
- WoodWorking for Women (magazine)
- Western Washington Fish and Wildlife Office (Lacey, WA)
- World Wrestling Federation Xtreme
- What Would Frank Zappa Do?
- War Widows' Guild
- Warranty Working Group
- Washington Woodworkers Guild (Hendon, VA)
- Weapons Working Group
- Wide World of Golf (Duluth, GA)
- Windward Group
- World Wide Group (WWDB)
- World Winter Games (Special Olympics)
- Wrestling with God
- Walking With the Great Apes (Sy Montgomery book)
- World Wide Gnome Association
- Wyoming Wool Growers Association
- World Working Group on Birds of Prey and Owls (England, Germany, and France)
- Western Washington Golf Course Superintendents Association (Olympia, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In April 1943, he assumed command of the AAF Weather Wing in Asheville, N.
In 1945, the Army Air Forces redesignated the Weather Wing the Army Air Forces Weather Service and in early 1946, the service moved to Langley Field, Va.