Measuring the x-rays emitted from the sample under an electron microscope, electron dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) and wavelength dispersive spectroscopy (WDS) provide quantitative and qualitative elemental analysis, line profile analysis and elemental mapping of the sample.
What does WDS stand for?
WDS stands for Wavelength Dispersive Spectroscopy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WDS
We have 129 other meanings of WDS in our Acronym Attic
- Williams Delayed Recall Test (neurology)
- Welsh Deaf Rugby Union
- Wachovia Dealer Services (banking)
- Walt Disney Studios
- Washington Dental Service (insurance)
- Washington Double Star (Catalog; US Naval Observatory)
- Waste Disposal System
- Water Deluge System
- Water Detection System
- Waveform Design Specification
- Wavelength Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy
- Weapon Delivery System
- Weapons Directive/Direction System
- Webb Design Studio (various locations)
- Well-Defined Services (SML, IBM)
- Western Data Systems, Inc.
- Westhampton Day School (Richmond, Virginia)
- Weston Data Systems (Durango, CO)
- Wi-Fi Distribution System
- Wide-area Data Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
Material analysis at high resolution is provided by the class leading X-ray geometry for both energy and wavelength dispersive spectroscopy (EDS and WDS).