The WaveStar OpticAir system uses beams of light to transmit high-capacity signals directly through the air.
What does WSOA stand for?
WSOA stands for WaveStar OpticAir (Lucent)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WSOA
We have 3 other meanings of WSOA in our Acronym Attic
- Wilcox Solar Observatory
- Williams Students Online
- Windows Startup Online (Histon, UK)
- Wing Staff Officer
- Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
- Wire Serving Office
- World Safety Organization
- World Service Office (Narcotics Anonymous)
- World Sikh Organization
- World Space Observatory/Ultraviolet
- Weapon System Open Architecture (Boeing)
- Wide-Swath Ocean Altimeter (NASA, space-based system for ocean surveying)
- Winged Sprints on Asphalt (sprint car racing)
- Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibit (New York, NY)
- World Series of Backgammon (Europe)
- World Series of Barbeque (annual festival)
- World Series of Blackjack
- World Series of Bowling (tournament)
- World Service Office Board (Cocaine Anonymous)
- Water Stain on Cover (records)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lucent's new WaveStar OpticAir will use state-of-the-art lasers, amplifiers, and receivers that can be placed on rooftops or in office windows to transmit voice, data, or video traffic from point to point through the air.
Designed by Bell Labs, the WaveStar OpticAir system will use dense wave division multiplexing (DWDM) technology to increase network capacity in metropolitan areas and campus environments where cost, geography or other constraints may make fiber connections impractical.