Their maps show wave heights in a descending scale of colours - with black being the worst.
What does WVHT stand for?
WVHT stands for Wave Height
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WVHT
- With Very High Probability
- Women Veterans Health Program (Cincinnati, OH)
- West Virginia Heritage Quilt Search
- Wabash Valley Human Services (Vincennes, IN)
- Waubonsie Valley High School (Naperville, Illinois)
- Wenatchee Valley Humane Society (Wanatchee, WA)
- West Valley High School (various locations)
- Westside Virtual High School (Omaha, NE)
- West Virginia Head Start Association (Wheeling, WV)
- West Virginia High School Rodeo Association (Dunmore, WV)
- Weaver Vale Housing Trust (UK)
- West Virginia Hospitality and Travel Association (Charleston, WV)
- West Virginia High Technology Consortium
- West Virginia High Technology Consortium Foundation
- Watsonville Municipal Airport (California)
- Willamette Valley Internet, LLC
- Wireless Village Initiative (mobile industry initiative)
- Work Values Inventory
- World Veterinary Index
- World Vision India (Chennai, India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Just as truck drivers want to know about road conditions and airline pilots are concerned with foggy skies, ship captains have an urgent need to know about wave heights - as do surfers and others who spend time on the seas and shores.
But the wave heights that we saw from such interactions were much taller, indicating that they are what we call nonlinear," he said.
Mangrove forests have been observed to play a role in reducing tsunami wave heights if the heights are not too big," states the report.
But the energy becomes compressed into a smaller volume as the waters get shallower, causing wave height to build.
The sea is expected to be rough over Musandam coast and Oman sea with maximum wave height of 3.
Wave heights surpassed 6 meters in some places, and flooded the courtyard of Sidon's sea castle.
A more convenient measure to characterize the potential intensity of coastal processes is the threshold Hs 0137 for significant wave height that occurs within 12 h a year, equivalently, the threshold for the roughest 0.