His exploration of race and the War on Poverty in Los Angeles is conducted through an examination of the creation and development of four Community Action Agencies created under the aegis of the Economic Opportunity Act: the local government-controlled Economic and Youth Opportunities Agency, the African American-created Watts Labor Community Action Committee, the Mexican American-created East Los Angeles Community Union, and the Chicana Service Action Center.
What does WLCAC stand for?
WLCAC stands for Watts Labor Community Action Committee (Los Angeles, CA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- World Literacy Canada (India)
- World Logging Championship (forestry competition)
- World's Last Chance (Christian community)
- Worm-Like Chain
- Washington Landscape Contractors Association
- Waterbury LaSalle Community Association (Bronx, NY)
- West Laurel Civic Association (Laurel, MD)
- Whole Life Cost Analysis (civil infrastructure construction and operation)
- Wilde Lake Community Association (Columbia, MD)
- Witton Lodge Community Association (est. 1994; Perry Common, Birmingham, England, UK)
- Whole Layer Core Biopsy (bladder cancer)
- Wireless LAN Cardbus
- Warren Lasch Conservation Center (Charleston, SC)
- West Lake Country Club (Augusta, GA)
- West Lothian Chamber of Commerce (Scotland, UK)
- Williams Lake Conservation Company (Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Williamsport-Lycoming Chamber of Commerce (Pennsylvania)
- Windsor Locks Congregational Church (Windsor Locks, CT)
- Wings of Love Community Church (South Williamsport, PA)
- West London Community Cohesion Pathfinder (faith based organization; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In her second audit of the agency, Chick found problems in the contract with the Watts Labor Community Action Committee, a nonprofit firm that operated many city Dial-A-Ride services.
Bones & Blues, at the Watts Labor Community Action Committee in South Los Angeles, is an evening of live jazz and blues music, paying homage to the greats of both genres set for Feb.
The organizations that recently received funding from SCAN are: Angel's Depot in San Diego, Community Action Partnership of Orange County, Emergency Food Bank of Stockton/San Joaquin, Food Bank of Contra Costa, Health Trust (Meals on Wheels) in Santa Clara, LOEL Center and Gardens in San Joaquin, Los Angeles-based Food Bank of Southern California, Meal on Wheels in Contra Costa, Second Harvest in Riverside, Second Harvest in Santa Clara, Self-Help for the Elderly in San Francisco, and Watts Labor Community Action Committee.
Watts Labor Community Action Committee Center, 10950 Central Ave.
org/) (Contact: John Wolfkill, 323-563-4701) The Watts Labor Community Action Committee (WLCAC) is a non-profit community-based organization established in 1965.
The ten playspace initiative will be launched by First Lady Maria Shriver at the Watts Labor Community Action Committee (South Los Angeles) on March 24.
The Center - Watts Labor Community Action Committee, 10950 S.