Among its accomplishments in support of NASA's bioastronautics program, Lockheed Martin has: * Supported every ISS crew through more than 60 experiments * Partnered with Wyle to provide the second generation treadmill, an additional exercise option for ISS crews * Delivered hardware for checking organic carbon content in the water from the ISS Water Recovery System, which purifies water from urine and perspiration * And supported the certification and delivery of Robonaut, the first robot on the ISS.
What does WRS stand for?
WRS stands for Water Recovery System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WRS
We have 125 other meanings of WRS in our Acronym Attic
- World Relief Refugee Services (Baltimore, MD)
- Worldwide Readership Research Symposium (print media)
- Water Resource Restoration Sponsor Program
- Western Regional Radon Training Center (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Wachovia Retirement Services
- Wage Reporting System (various locations)
- War Reserve Stocks
- War Risk Surcharge (shipping industry)
- Ward - Romano Syndrome
- Waste Removal System
- Water Resource System
- Wavelength Routing Switches (IEEE)
- Weather Radar System
- Weather Reconnaissance Squadron (USAF)
- Weather Report Suite (Grateful Dead song)
- Web Registration System (various schools)
- Web Report Studio (SAS)
- WebSphere Remote Server (software; IBM)
- Weedon Repair Standard
- Welfare Rights Officer (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some of the green measures implemented by the developer so far include a grey water recovery system, low-flow nozzles on all taps, the provision of bike racks and showers on each level, water-efficient landscaping, tinted windows and the procurement of local and natural materials and cleaning products by Cofely Besix.
A water recovery system is now in place, along with an Elopak packing machine for the firm's eco milk pouches.
They also revived the station's water recovery system, the hardware the recovers drinking water from urine and moisture in the breathing air.
The Water Recovery System was delivered and installed during the STS-126 mission in November, but the unit failed after Endeavour's departure.
The brewery will also include a water recovery system in its bottling line that will capture clean rinse water and use it for landscape irrigation.
This includes a water recovery system that is capable of recycling up to 80 per cent of the water used in the laundry process.
The water recovery system is vital if NASA are to increase the size of the station's crew from three to six next year.