The Washington Teachers Union and its parent American Federation of Teachers (AFT) feel just as strongly, of course, about a contract that undercuts such union cornerstones as tenure, seniority, and worker solidarity, and that would set a national precedent.
What does WTU stand for?
WTU stands for Washington Teachers Union
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WTU
We have 17 other meanings of WTU in our Acronym Attic
- Wielkopolskie Towarzystwo Terapii Systemowej (Polish: Greater Therapy Association System; Poznan, Poland)
- West Texas Team Trail (tournament fishing)
- World Traditional Taekwondo Union
- Welcome to the Videos (Guns n Roses album)
- Wind to Thy Wings
- Window To The World
- Word to the Wise
- Want to Upgrade (computing)
- Ward Test Urine
- Warrior Transition Unit (Army)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Black chess is not like European chess, where everybody sits there all quiet and doesn't say anything," said player Nathan Saunders, 42, general vice president of the Washington Teachers Union.
Current cases include anthrax investigations and the Washington Teachers Union pension fund scandal.
5 /PRNewswire/ -- Landmark Legal Foundation, America's leading authority on the political operations of the nation's teachers' unions, today called on the Internal Revenue Service to strip the tax-exempt status of the United Teachers of Dade County (UTDC), Florida, and the Washington Teachers Union (WTU) in the District of Columbia for financial misdeeds by the heads of the two affiliates of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT).