Byline: Sam Zuckerman Bloomberg News Washington Mutual Inc.
What does WAMU stand for?
WAMU stands for Washington Mutual
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WAMU
- International Workshop on Wireless Ad Hoc, Mesh, and Sensor Networks
- Western Australian Medical Students' Society (Australia)
- Wisconsin Association Medical Staff Services
- Washington Association for Medical Transcription (Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity)
- Web Accessibility Management Tool (software)
- Women and Manual Trades (est. 1975)
- Washington Area Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Waltham Abbey Musical Theatre Company
- Washington Area Metal Trades Council (union)
- Wide Area Moving Target Indicator (radar feature)
- West African Monetary Union
- Western Australian Macintosh User Group
- Whittier Area Macintosh User Group (est. 1988; California)
- Washington Area Model United Nations Conference (George Washington University)
- Wyomissing Area Model United Nations Conference (Wyomissing Area High School, Pennsylvania)
- Wavelet Analysis and Multirate Systems (conference)
- Weight-Average Molecular Weight
- World Assembly of Muslim Youth
- World Assembly of Muslim Youth International Inc.
- West African Monetary Zone
Samples in periodicals archive:
10 /PRNewswire/ -- Washington Mutual (NASDAQ: WAMU), the largest independent bank in Washington, and The Cosmos Group, the developer of a new downtown Bellevue high-rise, today announced that Washington Mutual will be the anchor tenant in the 24-story, mixed-use building, which will be named the Washington Mutual Plaza.
About Washington Mutual Washington Mutual, through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading consumer and small business banks.
WASHINGTON MUTUAL COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF GREAT NORTHWEST BANK SEATTLE, April 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Washington Mutual Savings Bank (NASDAQ: WAMU) announced today that it has completed the acquisition of GNW Financial Corp.
SEATTLE -- Washington Mutual was recently ranked No.
with access to the Web can now take advantage of the great new features of the WaMu Free Checking account, including no Washington Mutual fees for ATM cash withdrawals, free checks for life, free outgoing wire transfers, cash back on debit purchase transactions and one free overdraft or bounce check fee per year," said Steve Rotella, president and chief operating officer of Washington Mutual.
Her leadership skills and commitment to promoting economic advancement for all complement the Board and make her a valuable addition," said Kerry Killinger, Washington Mutual chairman and chief executive officer.
Washington Mutual versus 'Stodgy Banker' Concept Hits the Mark Smith adds, "The point of the stodgy banker creative is satirical but direct, and it resonates extremely well with consumers.