Movie clips, children's movies, and "Austin Powers" were broadcast from an uplink at Washington International Teleport outside of Washington, D.
What does WIT stand for?
WIT stands for Washington International Teleport
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WIT
We have 94 other meanings of WIT in our Acronym Attic
- Wiesbaden International Summer University
- Wuhan Iron and Steel University (China)
- Wismut Umwelttechnik GmbH (Chemnitz, Germany)
- Wisconsin Weatherization Assistance Program
- Western Idaho Shear Zone (geological feature)
- Waktu Indonesia Timur (Eastern Indonesian Time zone)
- Warhead Impact Target
- Warm Ischemic Time (organ transplantation)
- Warrior in Transition (Army)
- Washington Improv Theatre
- Waste Industry Training (online education)
- Water Investigation Tool
- Water-Induced Thermotherapy
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- Waterfront Integration Test
- Wave Imaging Technology, Inc. (Houston, TX and Denver, CO)
- We Integrate Technology
- Weapon Impact Target
- Weapons Inspection Team
- Weapons Intelligence Team (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With the new Discovery Television and Technology Center set to meet the evolving demands of traditional and new media television viewers everywhere, SES AMERICOM, an SES GLOBAL company (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg stock exchanges:SESG), today announced its Washington International Teleport (WIT) earth station and HD-PRIME(TM) neighborhood, aboard the AMC-10 and AMC-11 satellites, have been selected to monitor and distribute all U.
WASHINGTON, June 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Teleglobe International and Washington International Teleport are pleased to announce the commercial availability of Asia 1, a service designed to transmit occasional use news and entertainment programming between Washington, DC and the Asia Pacific Region for international broadcasters and program content providers.
The North American transmission is being provided courtesy of Washington International Teleport.
The APTV feed was sent through fiber line to Washington International Teleport, where the signal was uplinked to the APTV leased capacity on the COLUMBIA/TDRSS AOR-I satellite and received at Teleport London International.
FCI), announced today the appointment of Anand Kumar, formerly the founder and CEO of Washington International Teleport, to the position of executive vice president.
Vyvx is providing full turnkey services including production, international and domestic space segment, uplinks and downlinks from each of the four locations to Washington International Teleport (WIT) where the signals will be integrated to produce the interactive service.
In addition to using TLI's own TDRSS earth station, the APTV service also uses the TDRSS earth stations of Hong Kong Telecom, Washington International Teleport and Teleport Denver, which relays the service between the two COLUMBIA/TDRSS satellites.