Those advocates, led by First Amendment lawyer and professor Leon Friedman, are PEN American Center (Poets, Playwrights, Essayists, Editors, and Novelists), The American Booksellers Foundation for Free Expression, The Freedom to Read Foundation, The Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts, The First Amendment Project, and The National Coalition Against Censorship.
What does WALA stand for?
WALA stands for Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WALA
We have 10 other meanings of WALA in our Acronym Attic
- We Are Legion
- Weighted Average Life
- Wide Angle Lens
- Wilbraham Art League (Wilbraham, MA)
- Wireless Application Layer
- Wireless Auto Location (Schrader Electronics Ltd.)
- Wisconsin Association of Lakes (Madison, WI)
- Women as Leaders (various organizations)
- Wright Avionics Laboratory
- Write Ahead Log
- Washington Association for Learning Alternatives
- Weighted Average Loan Age
- West African Library Association
- Western Amateur Linking Association (amateur radio)
- Western Australia Lacrosse Association
- Western Australian Laser Association Inc.
- Western Australian Legislative Assembly
- Whitefish Area Lodging Association
- Wichita Area Library Association (Kansas)
- Wisconsin Assembly for Local Arts
Samples in periodicals archive:
28, 1998-- Willard Hosts Van Gogh Dinner to Celebrate 15th Anniversary of Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts The National Gallery's stunning exhibition Van Gogh's Van Goghs: Masterpieces from the Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam continues to be the hottest ticket in town.
He has also served on the Association of American Publishers' copyright committee, is on the board of directors of the Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts, and is a member of the American Society of Corporate Secretaries.