WARWICK Medical School has set up a PS4million research centre to lead the fight against infection.
What does WMS stand for?
WMS stands for Warwick Medical School (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WMS
We have 203 other meanings of WMS in our Acronym Attic
- Wollongong Music Round Table (Australia)
- World Mountain Running Trophy (New Zealand)
- Water Management Research Unit (USDA)
- William Marsh Rice University (aka Rice University; Houston, TX)
- Western Maryland Railway
- Waikato Management School (New Zealand)
- Wall Mount Shelf
- Warehouse Management System
- Warrant management System (law enforcement)
- Wartime Material Support
- Washington Manufacturing Services
- Washington Middle School (Olympia/Seattle, WA)
- Waste Management Solutions (UK)
- Waste Management System
- Wasting Marmoset Syndrome
- Water Management Strategy
- Water Management System
- Water Monitoring System (various locations)
- Watershed Modeling System
- Wavelength Management System (Tellium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Research undertaken by academics at Warwick Medical School and published in the European Heart Journal found disrupted sleep patterns could have serious long-term effects on health.
Washington, Feb 9 (ANI): Prolonged sleep deprivation and disrupted sleep patterns can have long-term, serious health implications, new research from Warwick Medical School shows.
The Dean of Warwick Medical School and University of Warwick Pro ViceChancellor for Regional Engagement, Professor Yvonne Carter, is to take early retirement.
In an editorial, Professor Philip Steer, of Chelsea and Westminster hospital in London, and Dr Alison Bedford Russell, of Warwick medical school, warn that antibiotics must not be over-used.
A pilot scheme by researchers at Warwick Medical School found that measuring "microflora" in the gut could predict who would suffer "toxic" side effects.
Warwick Medical School works closely with one of the lead institutions in the project, the Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (Carta).
Professor Sudesh Kumar, of Warwick Medical School, said: "This latest round of funding will enable research teams at both Birmingham and Warwick to look at obesity and our relationship with food, in two separate but complimentary studies which will produce vital information which will help us adopt a preventative approach to obesity.