Forest Service and the War Advertising Council introduced a bear as a campaign symbol in 1944.
What does WAC stand for?
WAC stands for War Advertising Council (US during WWII)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WAC
We have 271 other meanings of WAC in our Acronym Attic
- Weighted Average Bed Temperature (oil refining)
- World Academie of Biological Technologies
- When Authorized By The Overseas Commander
- Wandering Around Being Visible
- West African Biotechnology Workshops (Peterborough, Ontario, Canada)
- Wet Arbeid Buitenlandse Werknemers (Dutch: Foreign Workers Employment Act; Netherlands)
- We Ain't Buyin' Your Crap
- Wagga Agricultural College (Australia)
- Walk Around Check (aviation)
- Walker Art Center (Minneapolis, MN)
- War Amputations of Canada (Canada)
- Warfare Area Commander/Coordinator
- Warwick Arts Centre (UK)
- Wasco (Amtrak station code; Wasco, CA)
- Washington Administrative Code
- Washington at Chester (Washington College; Chestertown, MD)
- Washington Athletic Club
- Waste Acceptance Criteria
- Waste Advisory Committee (various locations)
- Waste Assimilative Capacity
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Advertising Council is a private, nonprofit organization, which has been the leading producer of public service communications programs in the United States since its founding as The War Advertising Council in 1942.
About The Advertising Council The Advertising Council is a private, nonprofit organization, which has been the leading producer of public service communications programs in the United States since its founding as The War Advertising Council in 1942.