The Department wants to elevate and increase road safety awareness at schools especially the Primary schools because those are the most vulnerable road users.
What does VRU stand for?
VRU stands for Vulnerable Road User
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VRU
We have 19 other meanings of VRU in our Acronym Attic
- Vertical Reference Unit
- Vessel Reference Unit (maritime dynamic positioning systems)
- Virginia Rugby Union
- Virology Research Unit (International Center for Tropical Agriculture; Colombia)
- Virtual Readiness University
- Virtual Resource Unit
- Vocal Response Unit (band)
- Voice Recognition Unit
- Voice Response Unit
- Voie Rapide Urbaine (French: Urban Fast Lane; highway)
- Vieglas rupniecibas uznemumu asociacija (Latvian Association of Textile and Clothing)
- Virtual Reality User Interface
- Vacation Rentals Unlimited
- Vulnerable Road User Law (Florida)
- Virtual Reality User Machine Interface
- Vines Routing Update Protocol
- Verbal Reverberation Under Spinal Pressure
- Vocal Reverberation Under Spinal Pressure (movie quote from What's Up Doc?)
- Vacuum Reducer Valve (automotive part)
- Van Reekum Veress (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
And there has been a 24% increase in the number of vulnerable road users killed.
The campaign "Look out for each other", which runs until Sunday, aims to highlight key road safety precautions for drivers to ensure vulnerable road users such as cyclists, pedestrians and road workers are protected.
FOE spokesman Julien Pritchard said: "We applaud Birmingham City Council Cabinet for approving the 20mph proposals and helping make our residential roads safer and more attractive for pedestrians, cyclists and vulnerable road users.
This is all good news, but Councillor Alistair Watson, Executive member for Land and Environmental Services, says efforts must continue to focus on vulnerable road users, while also supporting the police to target the small minority of drivers who use the roads irresponsibly.
Of all the road accident victims in the Eastern Mediterranean Region, about 45 per cent are vulnerable road users.
A LEADING accident prevention charity is urging drivers to keep an eye out for vulnerable road users and to watch their speed as the clocks go back this Sunday.
Cyclists are among the most vulnerable road users and it is vital that measures are put in place to ensure they can enjoy safe use of British highways.