The Vulcan Naval Reactor Test Establishment - based on the Dounreay nuclear complex site near Thurso in Caithness - has been the UK's only base for testing submarine reactors for more than 40 years.
What does NRTE stand for?
NRTE stands for Vulcan Naval Reactor Test Establishment (Ministry of Defence; Dounreay, Scotland, UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of NRTE in our Acronym Attic
- National Road Transport Commission (Australia)
- National Rotorcraft Technology Center
- National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative
- Non Resident Training Course
- Non-Recurring Trip Charge
- North Ringwood Tennis Club (North Ringwood, VIC Australia)
- Naval Reserve Training Division (Canada basic training school)
- Near Real Time Display
- Near Real-Time Data
- Near-Real-Time Dissemination (US DoD)
- National Round Table on the Environment and the Economy (Canada)
- Near Real-Time Exploitation Module
- National Research and Technology Foresight (Department of Arts, Culture, Science and Technology; South Africa)
- National Road Traffic Forecasts (UK)
- National Rural Touring Forum (est. 1997; UK)
- Native Rete Testis Fluid
- Navy Radio Transmitter Facility
- National Recreational Trails Fund Act
- National Recreational Trails Funding Program (US Federal Highway Administration; 1992-1997)
- National Retail Traffic Index (ShopperTrak)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is the latest in a long line of Rolls-Royce apprentices who have trained at the Vulcan Naval Reactor Test Establishment (NRTE) facility in Caithness.
And one shining example of how well the scheme works is Murray Coghill - the latest in a long line of Rolls-Royce apprentices who have trained at the Vulcan Naval Reactor Test Establishment facility in Caithness.