Much of that research has relied on voxel-based morphometry, which provides estimates of the brain's cortical volume.
What does VBM stand for?
VBM stands for Voxel-Based Morphometry (neuroimaging analysis technique)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VBM
We have 40 other meanings of VBM in our Acronym Attic
- Value Based Management (shareholder based approach to managing companies)
- Vendor Business Manager (IBM)
- Verbrauchsmaterialien (German: Provisions)
- Vertical Boring Machine (manufacturing)
- Very Bad Man (Internet slang)
- Vietnamese Baptist Mission
- Vieux Boulons Marmandais (French car club)
- Virgin Bloody Mary (drink)
- Virtual Beit Midrash
- Visual Backward-Masking
- Value-Based Messaging Audit
- Venetian Blind Manufacturers Association
- Vereins Bayerischer Maschinenbau-Anstalten
- Vero Beach Museum of Art (Vero Beach, FL)
- Veterinary Botanical Medicine Association
- Veterinary Business and Management Association
- Veterinary Business Management Association
- Video Based Motion Analysis
- Vietnam Bicycle and Motorbike Association
- Viral & Buzz Marketing Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The researchers used magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and a technique called voxel-based morphometry to model the relationships between energy output and gray matter volume.
She reported on the findings of brain imaging using MRI with voxel-based morphometry conducted in a selected sample of 72 subjects.
A sophisticated way of analysing brain scan images, called voxel-based morphometry, was used to detect hidden anatomical abnormalities in the children.
A recent German study in which investigators used a combination of magnetic resonance diffusion-tensor imaging (MR-DTI) and MR imaging of voxel-based morphometry (MR-VBM) demonstrated microstructural and volume changes in the central neuronal networks involved in the sensory-discriminative and affective-motivational characteristics of pain, anxiety, memory, and regulation of the stress response, Dr.
They made these observations using voxel-based morphometry (VBM), a relatively new magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) technology that allows researchers to take very sensitive measurements of small regions in the brain.
Using voxel-based morphometry, other researchers have reported gray matter loss in the frontal areas of the brain in patients with Parkinson's disease that extends to the temporal, occipital, and subcortical areas with comorbid dementia (Brain 2004;127:791-800).
Structural MRI included volumetric measurements of the hippocampus, entorhinal cortex, and amygdala, as well as voxel-based morphometry.