Further, even though the EAC requires that laboratory accreditation be based on demonstrated capabilities to test against the latest voting system standards, NIST's defined approach has not always cited these current standards.
What does VSS stand for?
VSS stands for Voting System Standards
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VSS
We have 194 other meanings of VSS in our Acronym Attic
- Volatile Suspended Solids
- Voltage for Substrate & Sources
- Voltage Source Source
- Volume of Distribution at Steady State
- Volume Scattering Strength
- Volume Shadow (Copy) Service (Microsoft)
- Volume Shadow Copy Service
- Volume Snapshot Service (Microsoft Windows)
- Voluntary Separation Scheme
- Volunteer Stroke Service
- Vulnerability Scanning Service (various companies)
- Vulnerable Sector Screening (Royal Canadian Mounted Police; Canada)
- Vulnerable System Syndrome (patient safety)
- Vancomycin-Susceptible Staphylococcus Aureus (microbiology)
- Variable-Structure Stochastic Automata (computer algorithms)
- Variant Specific Surface Antigen
- Vereniging Surinaamse Studenten Amsterdam (Dutch: Suriname Students’ Association Amsterdam; Netherlands)
- Veterans Supportive Services Agency (San Jose, CA)
- Victorian Sabot Sailing Association (Australia)
- Virginia Shooting Sports Association (Orange, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Manufacturers of voting machines are at a standstill because the new voting system standards are still in draft form and have not yet been adopted by the federal Election Assistance Commission, said Ms.
Secretary of State McPherson has introduced a 10-point Statewide Electronic Voting System Standards requirement which is part of the very thorough state certification process.
The Populex system complies with the 2002 Help America Vote Act and the latest (2002) federal voting system standards.
Among the key problems identified: [TABLE OMITTED] Under the Help America Vote Act of 2002, the EAC is charged with adopting federal voting system standards.
Adopt and adhere to voluntary federal voting system standards.
They are the practitioners in the field who need to be kept informed on the local impact of changes to voting system standards and the proposed legislation.
Full voting system test labs are sanctioned to test voting systems against both the federal 2002 Voting System Standards and the 2005 Voluntary Voting System Guidelines.