Voters should check and double-check their votes, and the voter-verified paper trail if one is available, and report anything that does not look right.
What does VVPT stand for?
VVPT stands for Voter-Verified Paper Trail (electronic voting machines)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of VVPT in our Acronym Attic
- Vereniging Voor Pianotechnici Nederland (Dutch: Netherlands Association for Piano Technicians; The Netherlands)
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Van Vorst Park Neighborhood Watch (New Jersey)
- Vitrectomy Via Pars Plana (medical procedure)
- Phan Rang Vietnam (airport code)
- Verminderde Voorheffing Précompte Réduit (Belgium dividend coupon)
- Voter-Verified Paper Record
- Variable Voltage Power Supply
- Vessel Violations Profile System
- Victorian Veterinary Pathology Services (Victoria, Australia)
- Vlaamse Vaste Planten Vereniging (Flemish Hardy Plant Society)
- Variable Volume Reheat
- Verkehrsverbund Rottweil GmbH (German)
- Veterans Volunteer Reserve (Manitoba, Canada)
- Vicks Vapor Rub (cold relief product)
- Vintage Vee Racing
- Vision Video Recorder
- Voltage Variable Resistor
- VSAM Volume Record (IBM mainframes disk storage management)
- Vaca Valley Radio Club (Vacaville, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kim Alexander, president of the California Voter Foundation, said a lot of improvements have been made in California election security in the past few years, including voter-verified paper trails and a law that strengthens the requirement that election results be publicly audited.
Nobody's talking about ballot design; we're so embroiled in talking about voter-verified paper trails," he says.
As the deadline for decertifying the state's paperless electronic voting machines in this election year approaches, coalition members have sent California Secretary of State Kevin Shelley more than 10,000 messages urging the suspension of existing e-voting machines until they are equipped to provide a voter-verified paper trail.
We've urged the committees to acknowledge the tremendous grassroots support for a voter-verified paper trail as detailed in our open letter signed by thirty-five hundred concerned citizens," he said.
``Without the voter-verified paper trail, the public has no way to verify the accuracy of any touch-screen vote,'' Alexander said.
Rush Holt (D-NJ) has introduced legislation HR 2239 "The Voter Confidence and Increased Accessibility Act of 2003" to require all voting machines to produce a voter-verified paper trail.
``However, I vociferously object to the other end of that spectrum - instituting a new requirement for any California county purchasing a DRE system to procure a system with a voter-verified paper trail,'' McCormack said.