Furthermore, Congress should pass the Fair Elections Now Act, which would create a system of public financing for congressional races similar to Portland's Voter-Owned Elections system.
What does VOE stand for?
VOE stands for Voter-Owned Election (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VOE
We have 19 other meanings of VOE in our Acronym Attic
- Virtual Operating Environment
- Vision of Education
- Vision of Escaflowne (anime)
- Vision of Excellence (World of Warcraft guild)
- VistA (Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture)-Office EHR (Electronic Health Records)
- Voice of Erotica
- Voice Of Evangelism
- Voice of Experience
- Voice of Eye (band)
- Voice of the Employee
- Victorian Outdoor Education Association (Australia)
- Virginia Office of Environmental Education
- Virginia Open Education Foundation
- Vereinigung Oesterreichischer Kleintiermadiziner
- Vervroegde Overgang En Kinderwens (Dutch: Early Transition and Fertility; website)
- Vampires of Eternal Night (now Trueform Within; website)
- Vancouver Outreach Employment Program (British Columbia, Canada)
- Voice of Ethiopian People
- Vacuum Operated Electrical Switch
- Voices of East Timor (blog)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Everyday Portlanders can be genuinely involved because of Voter-Owned Elections since a $5 contribution counts the same from a working Portlander as from somebody making $500,000 a year," says Jo Ann Bowman, associate director of Oregon Action.
The 42-year-old nonprofit consultant was running for office under the city's Voter-Owned Election program that provides campaign funds to anyone seeking city office who can raise $5 each from 1,000 city residents; the idea behind the number of donors was to show that the person had some community support.