Minister for Ports Denis Napthine joined Member for Mornington David Morris at Volunteer Marine Rescue Mornington headquarters today to make the exciting announcement.
What does VMR stand for?
VMR stands for Volunteer Marine Rescue (Australia)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VMR
We have 36 other meanings of VMR in our Acronym Attic
- Variance-to-Mean Ratio (statistics)
- Vendor Managed Replenishment (supply chain system)
- Veterinary Medical Research
- Video Mixing Renderer (Microsoft Windows)
- Virgin Megastore Radio
- Virtual Meeting Room (conferencing)
- Voice Message Relay System
- Voice Modulation Recognition
- Volume Mixing Ratio
- Volume Movements Reports
- Vrijwillige Marine Reserve (Dutch)
- Vintage Model Racers of America
- Vintage Modified Racing Association
- Voluntary Mercury Reduction Agreement (Minnesota)
- Vertical Magnetoresistive Random Access Memory
- Valley Mountain Regional Center (Stockton, California)
- Villa Maria Retreat Center (Villa Maria, PA)
- Virginia Marine Resources Commission
- Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community (est. 1951)
- Virtual Machine Remote Client (Microsoft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: PAT FLYNN A MAN will try to climb Croagh Patrick three times in 12 hours to raise funds for a volunteer marine rescue service.
Recently, $24,000 was donated to Volunteer Marine Rescue Burdekin as a contribution toward the purchase of two new Yamaha motors to be fitted to their new Kevlar Cat rescue vessel.
The CYCA's Sydney Hobart Yacht Race Safety of Life at Sea Trusts (SOLAS) has made a donation to Volunteer Marine Rescue (VMR) Whitsunday of $35,705, which will be used to purchase two new outboard engines for VWR1, the 9.
In making this donation, SOLAS Trusts chairman Matt Allen said, "We are pleased that the CYCA SOLAS Trusts can provide this valuable assistance to St Helens Marine Rescue, so that they can continue to maintain the high standard of volunteer marine rescue.
Marine rescue services in New South Wales have been given a helping hand by the State Government with $3 million set aside for the formation of a volunteer marine rescue service similar to the State Emergency Services (SES).
An impressive panel of presenters for the evening had been compiled including Colin Barr from Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA), Police Inspector Glenn Finniss, Crime and Search and Rescue Manager NSW Marine Area Command, Christian Hillier from KORDIA, representatives of the Volunteer Marine Rescue Groups, including the Australian Volunteer Coast Guard and the Royal Volunteer Coastal Patrol, and Ian Campbell from GME.
Volunteer Marine Rescue Southport/Surfers Paradise became the latest recipient of a donation from the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia's Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) Trusts when VMR president Peter Cartwright was presented with a cheque for almost $13,000 at the Audi Sydney Southport Yacht Race prizegiving SOLAS Trusts Board member and CYCA Vice Commodore Matt Allen spoke to the large audience of trophy winners and competitors gathered at Southport Yacht Club about the importance of search and rescue organisations to the sport of sailing.