With a federal Volunteer Income Tax Assistance matching grant and a little less than $200,000 a year from the Iowa General Assembly, ISED Ventures of Des Moines helps low-income people prepare their taxes and claim the federal earned income tax credit.
What does VITA stand for?
VITA stands for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VITA
We have 37 other meanings of VITA in our Acronym Attic
- Vitoria, Spain - Vitoria (Airport Code)
- Vitrage Isolant Technique (French: Glass Insulation Technology)
- Void in Toilet
- Valsts Informacijas Tikla Agentura (Latvian: State Information Network Agency)
- Virginia Information Technologies Agency
- Virtual Integrated Transport and Access
- Visitors in the Arts (collaborative program; Canada)
- VMEBUS International Trade Association
- Volunteers in Technical Assistance
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance/Tax Counseling for the Elderly
- Video Imaging Technique for Assessing Exposure
- Validation of Integrated Telecommunication Architectures for the Long Term
- Vast Interface Test Application Language
- Vehicle Intelligence and Transportation Analysis Laboratory
- VHDL Initiative Towards ASIC Libraries
- Video in Teaching and Learning (education cooperative; New York)
- Virtual Interactive Teaching at Liverpool (University of Liverpool)
- VMS Integrated Technically Affordable Life-cycle-cost program
Samples in periodicals archive:
com)-- Attorney Evan Guthrie of the Evan Guthrie Law Firm in Charleston, South Carolina helped with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program in its Kickoff Weekend at Citadel Mall in Charleston, SC on Saturday February 4th 2012.
The Internal Revenue Service certified program, called the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, is hosted by the Main South Community Development Corp.
Volunteer activities included: Delivering more than 2,500 financial literacy classes teaching 38,000 participants about saving; Providing free tax preparation and assistance to hardworking low-income families at Volunteer Income Tax Assistance sites; Training more than 13,000 students in Teach Children to Save outreach; Reading to children in more than 4,000 classrooms, as well as providing over 41,000 books; Serving on more than 10,000 nonprofit boards across the country.
Taxpayer education and tax return preparation: Returns prepared through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance and Tax Counseling for the Elderly programs 1,934,661 2,111,344 Volunteers assisting in taxpayer education and return preparation programs n.
For the fourth consecutive year, the American Bar Association has awarded Barry University School of Law its National Law Student Division Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program Award.
The Internal Revenue Service ORS) has announced that it will renew the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) grant program for the 2009-2010 tax season.
Freedman, vice president of the UNH Accounting Students Association, will pursue a career as a tax accountant after she graduates this May, thanks in part to her volunteer experience with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, or VITA.