On World Malaria Day, everyone in the malaria community, from district health officers to net manufacturers, epidemiologists to volunteer health workers are committed to continuing the fight to reduce the burden of malaria.
What does VHW stand for?
VHW stands for Volunteer Health Worker (various organizations)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VHW
We have 1 other meaning of VHW in our Acronym Attic
- Vereniging Hoofden Voeding Gezondheidszorg (Dutch: Association of Food and Hospitality Management)
- Very High Volume Hospitals
- Very High Viscosity Index
- Very High Vertical Opening (fishing net)
- Vragenlijst Huiswerk Voortgezet Onderwijs (Dutch: Secondary Education Homework Questionnaire)
- Victoria Homicide Victims Support Group (Australia)
- Verband hannoverscher Warmblutzuchter (Hanoverian horse breed society in Germany)
- Veteran Horse Welfare (UK)
- Village Health Worker
- Village of Hawthorn Woods (Hawthorn Woods, IL)
- Valencia Heights Water Company (est. 1912; West Covina, CA)
- Victory Highway Wesleyan Church (New York)
- Vietnam Helmet Wearing Coalition
- Victoria Harbour Water Control Zone (Hong Kong)
- Virginia Hazardous Waste Management Regulations
- Vertical Hot Water Super-Size (pressure washer)
- Video Highway Xtreme (game)
- Vestavia Hills Youth Baseball (Alabama)
- Victor Harbor Yacht Club (Victor Harbor, South Australia)
- Vineyard Haven Yacht Club (Vineyard Haven, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another lay down on the cold ground, while a friend carrying a sign that read "Legalize said the goal of the eviction, a volunteer health worker, stood in the drizzle, guarding the small collection of medicines left after the raid.
They were also criticised by volunteer health workers.
It is now necessary to subject volunteer mental health outreach systems that integrate community volunteer health workers into mental health care systems to rigorous evaluation.
Several of our members from Jakarta and other cities were sent to Aceh with the volunteer health workers corps.
HAS and the Mellon's tireless work have improved the lives of Haitians in dramatic ways including: * Immunizing 95% of children against childhood diseases * Eliminating newborn and adult tetanus * Virtually eliminating measles * Training 1800 volunteer health workers and 200 veterinary aides * Establishing 6 community clinics * Drilling 100 fresh water wells In the late 1940's, inspired by Dr.