From the release: -- All new voting equipment must adhere to the 2005 Voluntary Voting System Guidelines adopted by the US Election Assistance Commission -- making New York State one of the first in the nation to test all equipment to these standards.
What does VVSG stand for?
VVSG stands for Voluntary Voting System Guidelines
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Vermont Volunteer Services for Animals Humane Society (est. 1986)
- Virtual Volume System Architecture (computing)
- Volleyball Verband Sachsen-Anhalt (German: Volleyball Association of Saxony-Anhalt)
- Victor Valley Search and Rescue (Los Angeles)
- Vilniaus Visuomenes Sveikatos Centras (Lithuanian: Vilnius Public Health Center; Vilnius, Lithuania)
- Visalia Vipers Soccer Club (Visalia, CA)
- Valley View School District (Illinois)
- Veterans Village of San Diego (California)
- Vietnam Veterans of San Diego (California)
- Victorine Van Schaick Fonds (Netherlands)
- Very Very Slightly Imperfect (jewelry)
- Very, Very Slightly Included (jewelery)
- Very, Very Small Inclusion (diamonds)
- Velocity Vector Slave
- Vilniaus Vandens Sporto Mokykla (Lithuanian: Vilnius Water Sports School; Vilnius, Lithuania)
- Vereniging Verpleegkundigen Stomazorg Nederland (Dutch nursing association)
- Vervangend Vervoer Service Nederland (Dutch: Deputy Transport Service Netherlands)
- Very Very Superior Old Pale (cognac)
- Variable Volume, Single Pool
- Vila Velha State Park (est. 1953; Brazil)
Samples in periodicals archive:
VERITY is planned to be available by 2013 and federally certified to the United States Election Assistance Commission's 2005 (or later) Voluntary Voting System Guidelines.
EAC is an independent, bipartisan commission charged with developing guidance to meet HAVA requirements, adopting voluntary voting system guidelines, and serving as a national clearinghouse of information on election administration.
The creation of the United States Election Assistance Commission and the creation of voluntary voting system guidelines necessitated the creation of a national trade association to speak directly to concerns as they arise.
Full voting system test labs are sanctioned to test voting systems against both the federal 2002 Voting System Standards and the 2005 Voluntary Voting System Guidelines.
We credit the achievement of being one of only two labs accredited to test to the 2005 Voluntary Voting System Guidelines to the tremendous efforts of our dedicated staff including Carolyn Coggins (QA Director - Voting) and Gail Audette (Quality Manager).
These features were introduced in response to feedback from the disability community and implemented with an eye on compliance with the proposed Voluntary Voting System Guidelines (VVSG) being considered by the Election Assistance Commission.