The Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights provide practical guidance to mining, oil and gas companies on managing security while respecting human rights and preventing conflict.
What does VPSHR stand for?
VPSHR stands for Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (multinational organization)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Variable Pressure Secondary Electron
- Veia Pulmonar Superior Esquerda (Portuguese: Left Superior Pulmonary Vein)
- Vice President of Student Entertainment (Maine)
- Variable Pressure Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Virtual Pool Sequential Threshold
- Virginia Public Safety Foundation (Richmond, VA; est. 1933; education and advocacy organization)
- Volunteer Port Security Force (various locations)
- Vegan Prisoners Supporters Group
- Veterinary Practice Sales Group
- Vrouwen Pastoraat Seksualiteit Geweld (Dutch: Women Pastoral Sexual Violence)
- Vanpool Service Inc.
- Vector Planning & Services, Inc. (Chantilly, VA)
- Veley's Problem Solving Index (management system)
- Veterinary Pet Services, Inc. (insurance; Brea, CA)
- Violence Prevention Summer Institute (Oregon Department of Education)
- Virtual Perception Systems Inc. (Canada)
- Variable Phase-Shift Keying
- Visual Pronunciation Software Ltd. (New Zealand; language software)
- VuePoint Solutions Ltd. (UK)
- Victorian Patient Satisfaction Monitor (Victoria, Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
WASHINGTON, March 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Participants in the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (the "Voluntary Principles") have gathered in Washington, D.
and British governments worked to integrate and implement the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.
The Company wants to ensure that all stakeholders recognize that it is committed to operating in accordance with international best practices and standards, which include following the guidelines set forth in such international documents and agreements as the United Nations Global Compact and the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.