Before coming into government, he was active in several leading organizations in the field of business and human rights, including the Fair Labor Association, the Global Network Initiative, and the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.
What does VP stand for?
VP stands for Voluntary Principles
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VP
We have 45 other meanings of VP in our Acronym Attic
- Voice Privacy
- Voice Procedure (radio communications)
- Voice Processing
- Voiding Pressure
- Vojna Policija (Croatian: Military Police)
- Volkspartei (People's political party)
- Vollpension (German: full board)
- Volontaire du Progrès (French: Volunteers for Progress)
- Volts Peak (Tektronix)
- Voluntad Popular (Venezuelan political party)
- Vulnerable Point
- Vulvar Pain
- Patrol Squadron (Photographic) (US Navy aviation unit designation used from 1946 to 1948)
- Photographic Squadron (US Navy aviation unit designation used from 1946 to 1948)
- Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Services (Lake Tahoe Community College; South Lake Tahoe, CA)
- Virtual Path-Alarm Indication Signal
- Amphibian Patrol Squadron (US Navy aviation unit designation used from 1946 to 1948)
- viroid particles type C
- Vice President for Chapter Activities
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights provide practical guidance to mining, oil and gas companies on managing security while respecting human rights and preventing conflict.
The report is published as part of the company's ongoing obligations as a founding member of the International Council on Mining and Metals and in accordance with its commitments under the United Nations' Global Compact and the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.
The voluntary principles were drawn up by the Interagency Working Group on Food Marketed to Children, which comprises the heads of the Federal Trade Commission, Food and Drug Administration, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and U.
The most prominent ones on which we focus below are the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme for diamond trade (KPCS), and the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights in the extractive sector (VPs).
Early findings from the report have already prompted the World Bank Group to work with FAO, IFAD, UNCTAD and other stakeholders to develop seven voluntary principles for responsible agricultural investment.
Now the Human Genetics Commission has published a set of voluntary principles for the industry relating to all aspects.
The International Working Group of Sovereign Wealth Funds (IWG) published a set of 24 voluntary principles designed to ensure an open international investment environment.