Anna Tangredi, State Voluntary Agency Liaison for the Department of Public Safety of the Texas Division of Emergency Management/Recovery Section, called SVdP's staff and volunteers in the organization's South Central Region "a consistent guiding presence," and said, "Before the disaster recovery center was even opened or operational, SVdP was doing case management intakes and referrals all in 105 degree heat.
What does VAL stand for?
VAL stands for Voluntary Agency Liaison
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VAL
We have 52 other meanings of VAL in our Acronym Attic
- Véhicule Automatique Léger (French driverless metro system)
- Vertical Alarm Limit
- Vicarm Arm Language
- Video Associates Labs, Inc. (Austin, TX)
- Viking Air Limited (Canada)
- Visit Authorization Letter
- Visiting Aircraft Line (US Marine Corps)
- Voice Activated Lightstand (photography)
- Voice Application Language
- Voluntary Action Leicester (England, UK)
- Vulnerability Assessment Laboratory
- Validation And Verification
- Vancouver Association of Legal Administrators
- Ventura Association of Legal Assistants (California)
- Victorian Applied Learning Association (Australia)
- Victorian Association for Library Automation (Australia)
- Virginia Assisted Living Association
- Virtual Adaptive Learning Architecture (University of Arizona)
- Visual Arts Language Arts (California)
- Voice Activated Logistics Anchor Desk
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Brian Lee BRIMFIELD - Recovering from a disaster usually takes 18 months, said Arlene Magoon, voluntary agency liaison for the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
In early May, FEMA Voluntary Agency Liaisons (VALs) met with voluntary organizations, community action programs, civic clubs, local government, local businesses, and others to coordinate efforts to gather resources to fill unmet individual and family needs after the recent flooding.