ASCII to EBCDIC) Media Testing: -- Evaluating tape quality prior to first use -- Performing write test of media using digital recording format to assure correlation with the media drive -- Performing read test on live data tapes to verify the data integrity of previously recorded media Initializing -- Writing the volume serial numbers on tapes off-line -- ASCII, EBCDIC, Compressed or Non-Compressed Anacomp Magnetics, a strategic business unit of Anacomp Inc.
What does VSNU stand for?
VSNU stands for Volume Serial Number
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VSNU
- Vesicular Stomatitis New Jersey Virus
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (India)
- Vegetarian Society of New Mexico
- Vijece Srpske Nacionalne Manjine (Serbian: Council of the Serbian National Minority)
- Vendor Specific Network Protocol
- Verband Schweizer Naturheilkunde Schulen (German: Swiss Association of Natural Medicine Schools; Switzerland)
- Very Simple News System (utility that allows latest news to be displayed on a website)
- Virtual School of Natural Sciences (Global Network Academy)
- Voluntary Sector National Training Organisation (UK)
- Van Samenwerkende Nederlandse Universiteiten (Dutch: Association of Cooperating Dutch Universities; now Association of Universities)
- Voluntary Sector North West (volunteer network; UK)
- Scout Observation Plane (US Navy)
- Scouting/Observation Squadron (US Navy, World War II)
- Stalling Velocity in the Landing Configuration after Take-Off
- Valdosta Southern Railroad
- Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
- Variable Speed Operation (VXA Technology)
- Variable-Sweep Oscillator
- Vendor Specific Option (computer science)
- Vente sur Offres (French: On Sale Offers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When storing objects on EMC Centera the MAS maintains metadata which cross-references mainframe tape volume serial numbers (VOLSERs) to Centera objects.
Consolidated Tape Database - The TMS Database is organized by the Volume Serial Number and contains some 75+ pre-defined fields and flags for each vols may as 500,000+ volumes.