For applications requiring higher levels of output metrics, Series 3000 smart meters provide instantaneous power, voltage, amperage, wattage, volt-ampere reactive (VAR) and volt-ampere (VA) per phase measurements.
What does VAR stand for?
VAR stands for Volt-Ampere Reactive
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VAR
We have 67 other meanings of VAR in our Acronym Attic
- Vereinte Arabische Republik (UAR; Egypt & Syria 1958-1961)
- Video-to-Audio Carrier Ratio
- Virginia Association of Realtors (trade association)
- Visit Access Request
- Visual Acuity Rating (optometry)
- Visual Anthropology Review (journal)
- Visual-Aural Radio Range
- Visual-Aural Range
- Voice Access Router
- Volcanic Activity Reporting
- Voltage Adjusting Rheostat
- Vuestra Alteza Real (Spanish: Your Royal Highness)
- Vulnerability Assessment Report
- Vulnerability Assessment Review
- Varia Lectio (Variant Reading)
- Value Added Reseller/System Integrator
- Vereniging Arbeiders Radio Amateurs
- Vermont Alpine Racing Association (Cavendish, VT)
- Victor Amateur Radio Association
- Vintage Auto Racing Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Technologies such as Dynamic Volt-Ampere Reactive (D-VAR) and Static Compensators (STATCOMs), High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC), Flexible Alternating Current Transmission Systems (FACTS) and Outage Management Systems (OMS) are required in order to reduce the T & D losses and maintain the grid stability.
4 billion yen order from the United Arab Emirates' Dubai Electricity & Water Authority for two large static volt-ampere reactive compensators, known as SVCs.