ONE lucky reader can win a brilliant iPod Touch pre-loaded with the ultimate Lie Detection app that uses Voice Stress Analysis technology to expose a liar by the gauging the level of stress their voice.
What does VSA stand for?
VSA stands for Voice Stress Analysis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VSA
We have 163 other meanings of VSA in our Acronym Attic
- Virtual Server Architecture
- Virtual Speech Agent
- Visible Screen Area
- Visible Surface Area
- Visible Systems Australia Pty Ltd (Perth, WA, Australia)
- Vision, Strength, and Artistic Expression (formerly Very Special Arts)
- Visit Southern Africa (tourism program)
- Visual Soil Assessment
- Visually Sensitive Area
- Vital Signs Absent
- Voice Stress Analyzer
- Voltage Sag Aggressiveness
- Volume Stratification Analysis
- Volumetric Subtraction Angiography
- Voluntary Sector Assembly (UK)
- Voluntary Service Aberdeen (UK)
- Voluntary System of Accountability (est. 2007; various schools)
- Volunteer Services Agency
- Von Schweikert Audio (Riverside, CA)
- Vorschaltarmatur (German: connecting armature)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Voice stress analysis (VSA) is lie detection technology, which records psychophysiological reaction to stress affecting human voice (Hopkins et al.
Many new studies have been added to this edition, as well as descriptions of new detection methods such as the Behaviour Analysis Interview, Scientific Content Analysis, Voice Stress Analysis, thermal imaging, P300 brain wave research, and functional MRI research.
Car insurance group esure is the latest company to announce plans to use voice stress analysis technology to weed out fraudulent claims.
The group started using Digilog's voice stress analysis technology in May to try to spot fraudulent claims.
HBOS claims it is the first insurer to use voice stress analysis technology to try to detect if people are lying when lodging claims under household insurance policies,although other firms already use it on motor insurance claims.
Regardless of the outcome of the next round of tests, Haddad doubts that voice stress analysis will replace polygraphs.
com categories currently include Audio Surveillance, Books, Covert Recordings, Covert Wireless Cameras, Hardwired Video Transmitters, Night Vision, Personal Protection, Pin Hole Cameras, Remote Video Surveillance, Software, Telephone Tap Detection, VCR & Quad Voice Changer, Voice Stress Analysis, Wireless Video Transmitters.