Acoustic Voice Activity Detector (AVAD) provides a fail-safe mechanism when the Voice Activity Sensor (VAS) does not touch the user's face.
What does VAD stand for?
VAD stands for Voice Activity Detector
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VAD
We have 88 other meanings of VAD in our Acronym Attic
- Video Archive and Dissemination
- Ville et Aménagement Durable (French: Sustainable City and Urban Planning; France)
- Vincristine, Adriamycin, Dexamethasone (chemotherapy regimen)
- Virginia Association of the Deaf
- Virtual Agent Desktop
- Visual Asset Database (McGraw-Hill)
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Voice Activated Dialing
- Voice Activated Dictation
- Voice Activity Detection
- Voitures Anciennes Daveluyville (French; Canadian classic car festival)
- Voluntary Aid Detachment
- Volunteer Assignment Description
- Vulnerability Assessment Device
- Vice Admiral Destroyers (US Navy)
- Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts
- Variation Data
- VFR Arrival Delay Advisory
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Virginia Automobile Dealers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
All codecs include Mindspeed's voice activity detector, which includes the company's proprietary music detection algorithm to further improve performance.
The E-Soft solution supports both the VxWorks and embedded Linux platform architectures and provides advanced DSP support such as echo cancellation, automatic gain control, voice activity detector, jitter elimination, and packet loss concealment - among many other features.
Improv's VoP offering enables the implementation of ITU-T voice codecs and echo cancellation, DTMF and a Voice Activity Detector on the Improv Jazz-based PSA platform, which is the foundation of the company's configurable development system for complex chips.