BULLETIN BOARD: PFVI) , the leading network-based speech application provider, announced today that their Voice Activated Dialing service is now available to wireless carriers nationwide.
What does VAD stand for?
VAD stands for Voice Activated Dialing
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VAD
We have 88 other meanings of VAD in our Acronym Attic
- Vertical Application Device
- Veterans Affairs Department
- Vidéo À La Demande (French: Video on Demand)
- Video Archive and Dissemination
- Ville et Aménagement Durable (French: Sustainable City and Urban Planning; France)
- Vincristine, Adriamycin, Dexamethasone (chemotherapy regimen)
- Virginia Association of the Deaf
- Virtual Agent Desktop
- Visual Asset Database (McGraw-Hill)
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Voice Activated Dictation
- Voice Activity Detection
- Voice Activity Detector
- Voitures Anciennes Daveluyville (French; Canadian classic car festival)
- Voluntary Aid Detachment
- Volunteer Assignment Description
- Vulnerability Assessment Device
- Vice Admiral Destroyers (US Navy)
- Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts
- Variation Data
Samples in periodicals archive:
These services include voice activated dialing, voice mail navigation, voice directory assistance, voice calling cards, voice telephone receptionist and other voice recognition services that do not require the subscriber to buy or install any extra equipment.
From voice destination entry for navigation systems to voice activated dialing and voice command of automotive controls, Nuance Automotive speech-enables telematics and automotive infotainment systems to provide hands-free, eyes-free access to the advanced systems that today's drivers demand.
It includes a flexible and customizable mix of multimedia options, from messaging and voice activated dialing to multiple language options, web user interfaces, voice portals and text-to-speech that dynamically enables service providers to add, delete or modify services based on market feedback or changing trends.
is pleased to announce that Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile will be using its EasyDial(TM) Voice Activated Dialing software and equipment to support Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile's new voice activated dialing service.
The suite includes tightly integrated products including the Advanced Network Address Book, Network Voice Activated Dialing, SmartLine, Push2Connect and Rockin' Ringback.
The completion of this project will result in the enhancement of InterVoice's existing Voice Activated Dialing capability, for both hand- held and hands-free dialing in wireless environments.
Voice Activated Dialing (VAD) is tightly integrated with the network address book as it stores the numbers to be dialed by voice.