In 1990, the State Education Department began a stem to stern redesign of the system, including an overall reorganization of the management of all services to people with disabilities in the department and a renaming of the program to the Office of Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID).
What does VESID stand for?
VESID stands for Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (New York)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Vitamin E-Selenium Deficiency
- Voice Engineering Services Department
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus
- Virgo-EGO (European Gravitational Observatory) Scientific Forum
- Volunteers for Environment, Social Harmony and Improvement (Maldives)
- Valeo Electrical Systems, Inc. (Paris, France)
- Value Engineering Society International
- Vascular Endothelial Surface Index
- Virtual Education Software, Inc. (Spokane, WA)
- Volunteer Eye Surgeons International (est. 1986; various locations)
- Virginia Employers for Sensible Immigration Policy
- Vivekanand Education Society Institute of Technology (Mumbai, India)
- Virtual Environment for Shared Interactive Visualization (conference)
- Victorian Endowment for Science, Knowledge and Innovation (Australia)
- Varsity eSports League (gaming; various schools)
- Vocational English as a Second Language Program
- Volunteers for Educational Support and Learning (London, UK)
- Very Early Strength Latex Modified Concrete
- Virtual E-Services Network
- Veolia Environmental Services North America
Samples in periodicals archive:
New York State Vocational Rehabilitation In 1985, the New York State Office of Vocational Rehabilitation - OVR (currently the Office of Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities - VESID) responded to the growing awareness of the need to provide improved vocational services to individuals who have sustained a brain injury.
VESID, the Office of Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities, is a part of the New York State Education Department.