A review of the literature on effective practices for teaching vocabulary to ELLs revealed the learning predicament faced by these students, the need for continued attention toward vocabulary development, the importance of vocabulary breadth and depth, strategies for teaching vocabulary, and the important link between vocabulary and reading comprehension.
What does VRC stand for?
VRC stands for Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension (education)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VRC
We have 198 other meanings of VRC in our Acronym Attic
- Virtual Reality Cave (digital lab; Ford)
- Virtual Reality Consortium
- Virtual Redundancy Check
- Virtual Research Community
- Virtual Resource Center
- Virtual Robot Controller
- Virtualization Resource Center (IBM)
- Vision Resource Centre (various locations)
- Visitor Reception Center
- Visual Record Computer
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
- Voltage Reflection Coefficient (physics)
- Voluntary Repatriation Center
- Volunteer Reception Center (various locations)
- Volunteer Resource Center (various organizations)
- Volunteer Rifle Corps (British Army)
- Voter Rights Coalition (various locations)
- VPN Routing and Forwarding
- Vancouver Regional Construction Association (Canada)
- Victim Rights Clarification Act of 1997
Samples in periodicals archive:
The difference in the percentages of fifth grade European Americans and Hispanic students who were in the low initial overall vocabulary and reading comprehension in the experimental and non-specific treatment conditions was statistically significant ([X.
Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension Undergraduates vary in the quality and quantity of their library experiences as well as in their understanding of the terms that designate and differentiate the information tools, services, and organizational schemes such experiences supply.