Best's disease, or vitelliform macular dystrophy, is an eye condition that usually begins to appear as a lesion in the macula during childhood (Altaweel, 2010).
What does VMD stand for?
VMD stands for Vitelliform Macular Dystrophy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VMD
We have 48 other meanings of VMD in our Acronym Attic
- Veterinary Medicine Division
- Veterinary Medicines Directorate (United Kingdom)
- Video Motion Detection
- Video Motion Detector
- Vintage Motorcycle Days (sponsored by the American Motorcyclist Association)
- Virtual Magnetic Dipole
- Virtual MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) Device (software)
- Visual Merchandising Display
- Visual Molecular Dynamics (molecular graphics software)
- Vitamin and Mineral Deficiency Report (Micronutrient Initiative)
- Vlaamse Milieu Deskundigen
- Volumetric Mean Diameter
- Vitelliform Macular Degeneration Type 2
- Veterinary Manufacturers and Distributors Association
- Visual-Memory-Deficit Amnesia (neuropsychology)
- Virginia, Maryland & Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives
- Vehicle Master Database
- Veterinary Medical Data Base
- VersaForm Developer of Chart (software; Vantagemed Corporation)
- Veterinair Microbiologisch Diagnostisch Centrum (Dutch: Veterinary Microbiological Diagnostic Center; Utrecht University; Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Paul, is legally blind due to a hereditary condition called Best's Disease or Vitelliform Macular Dystrophy.