33-37 (The name of this vitamin K-dependent calcium-blocking protein in arteries is matrix Gla protein).
What does VKD stand for?
VKD stands for Vitamin K-Dependent (proteins)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VKD
- Virtual Knowledge Community
- Vlaams Kunstofcentrum (Dutch: Flemish Plastic Center; Belgium)
- Von Kleinschmidt Center (USC)
- Vrijwilligerskorps Curacao
- Deficiency of Vitamin K-Dependent Clotting Factors
- Vereniging Kunststof Composieten Nederland
- Drone Control Aircraft
- Virtual Keyboard Device
- Visual-Kinesthetic Dissociation (psychology)
- Vitamin K Deficiency
- Vitamin K Deficiency Bleeding
- Vereniging Kleine Dorpen Groningen (Dutch: Association of Small Villages Groningen; The Netherlands)
- Vitamin K Deficiency in Infancy
- Verein Katholischer Deutscher Lehrerinnen (German: German Association of Catholic Teachers)
- Verbindungskommando (German)
- Verkehrskadetten Dortmund (Germany)
- Vitamin K Dependent Protein
- Voor Korte Dynamische Psychotherapie (Dutch: Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy)
- Vom Konigreich Der Rose (German: From the Kingdom of the Rose; rottweiler breeders; France)
- Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
McCann investigated the "essentiality" of known vitamin K-dependent proteins using knockout mutant mice (genetically altered mice that cannot produce the targeted protein).
Octaplex is a double virus-inactivated concentrate with a balanced level of Vitamin K-dependent coagulation factors and protein C and S.
For more than half a century, physicians have been struggling with the seemingly impossible task of dosing vitamin K-dependent anticoagulants ever since they were demonstrated to be beneficial in the treatment of acute myocardial infarction.
of Wisconsin, emeritus) describes the vitamin K-dependent carboxylase, the vitamin K-eposide reductase, a closely associated enzyme, and the identification and function other vitamin K-dependent proteins.
Thromboplastins from different sources and methods of manufacture contain different concentrations and mixtures of components, and this leads to variation in the responsiveness of the reagent; that is, difference in the degree of PT prolongation induced by decreased vitamin K-dependent factor activities.
Introduction Protein Z (PZ) is a vitamin K-dependent glycoprotein with structural similarities with many serine proteases like coagulation factors VII, IX, X and protein C .
Researchers screened children for markers of bone health, including osteocalcin, the vitamin K-dependent protein necessary to use calcium to build healthy bones.