Though vitamin A binds to its own retinoic acid receptor (RAR) and vitamin D binds to its own vitamin D receptor (VDR), they then bind to RXR.
What does VDR stand for?
VDR stands for Vitamin D Receptor
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VDR
We have 91 other meanings of VDR in our Acronym Attic
- Valor Diario Recomendado (Spanish: Recommended Daily Value)
- Vapor Diffusion Retarder (insulation, air barrier technique in construction)
- Vehicle Design Rules (gaming)
- Vendor Data Requirement (BioPharm and PowGen market purchasing)
- Veterinary Dentistry Report
- VHF Data Radio
- Vice-Dean / Research
- Video Disk Recorder
- Virtual Data Reentry
- Virtual Data Room (due diligence excercises)
- Voice Digitization Rate
- Voice-Data Recorder (black box)
- Voltage Dependent Resistor
- Voltage Detector Reset
- Volumetric Diffusive Respiration
- Voyage Data Recorder (Shipborne Black Box)
- Vulcan Drifter Riders
- Vitamin D Receptor/Retinoic Acid X Receptor
- Vitamin D Receptor Activator (biology)
- Video Dynamic Random Access Memory (computer hardware)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this study, the researchers mapped sites of vitamin D receptor binding--information that can be used to identify disease-related genes that might be influenced by vitamin D.
The synthesized vitamin D functions by binding to nuclear vitamin D receptors.
The scientists showed that in eight fair-skinned people, a single dose of ultraviolet-B radiation--just enough to evoke some skin reddening the next day--activated the vitamin D receptor and the cathelicidin gene in the exposed skin.
When bones stop growing, cartilage cells lose the vitamin D receptors they had during childhood," he explains.
Gentrix LLC (North Bergen, NJ) has patented a composition comprising a vitamin D analog and a retinoid wherein: (a) the vitamin D analog is capable of binding a vitamin D receptor or being converted in vivo into a compound capable of binding a vitamin D receptor; and (b) the retinoid is selected from the group consisting of retinol in a concentration of at least about 1.
Most human prostate cancer cells contain the Vitamin D receptor (VDR).
7), (8) Vitamin D receptors are directly involved in cell proliferation and differentiation, as well as optimal immune function.