Water-soluble vitamin A shows promise In the first animal tests of water-soluble forms of vitamin A, scientists found the compounds remarkably effective in curing vitamin A deficiency in rats.
What does VAD stand for?
VAD stands for Vitamin A Deficiency
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VAD
We have 88 other meanings of VAD in our Acronym Attic
- Vertebral Artery Dissection
- Vertical Application Device
- Veterans Affairs Department
- Vidéo À La Demande (French: Video on Demand)
- Video Archive and Dissemination
- Ville et Aménagement Durable (French: Sustainable City and Urban Planning; France)
- Vincristine, Adriamycin, Dexamethasone (chemotherapy regimen)
- Virginia Association of the Deaf
- Virtual Agent Desktop
- Visual Asset Database (McGraw-Hill)
- Voice Activated Dialing
- Voice Activated Dictation
- Voice Activity Detection
- Voice Activity Detector
- Voitures Anciennes Daveluyville (French; Canadian classic car festival)
- Voluntary Aid Detachment
- Volunteer Assignment Description
- Vulnerability Assessment Device
- Vice Admiral Destroyers (US Navy)
- Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts
Samples in periodicals archive:
New benefits seen in vitamin A therapy Severe vitamin A deficiency can leadto xerophthalmia (dry-eye disease), a leading cause of blindness among children in the developing world.