As part of the calibration, the Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS) which guides the pilot and co-pilot to park the airplane has been imported.
What does VDGS stand for?
VDGS stands for Visual Docking Guidance System
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VDGS
We have 1 other meaning of VDGS in our Acronym Attic
- Vereinigung Der Gegenseitigen Bauernhilfe (German: Association of Farmers' Mutual Aid; Germany)
- Ventura Disc Golf Club (Ventura, CA)
- Vereinigung Der Groundhopper Deutschlands (German: Association of German Groundhoppers; Balingen, Germany)
- Van der Graaf Generator (band)
- Verband der Diagnostica-Industrie eV (German: Diagnostics Industry Association)
- Vereenigde Doopsgezinde Gemeente Haarlem (Dutch: Haarlem United Mennonite Church; Netherlands)
- Verein Die Gesunden Ideen (German: Healthy Ideas Club; health products; Austria)
- Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries
- Vasco da Gama Movement (European medical research group)
- Viola da Gamba Society (UK; est. 1948)
- Viola Da Gamba Society of America
- Valvular Disease - Heart
- Verband Deutscher Hypothekenbanken
- Verband für das Deutsche Hundewesen (German Kennel Club)
- Vertical Drilled Hole
- Very Dear Husband (IRC)
- Very Distant Host
- Virginia Department of Health
- Von der Heyde (German)
- Verband Deutscher Haushueter Agenturen (German: Association of German Housekeeping Agencies; Münster, Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The SIUs are now installed at the head of a number of aircraft stands working in unison with atg's Visual Docking Guidance System Control System (VDGS) to help overcome any risk of collision with Ground Handling equipment or an aerobridge when aircraft are parking at a stand.
At the parking bay, aircraft are provided with Safegate's (Sweden) visual docking guidance system and fuel hydrants connected by 10-km long underground pipelines.
Seeing is believing At Safegate international AB in Malmo, a Visual Docking Guidance System (DGS) and Airfield Lighting Control and Monitoring System have for many years been the key products to make airports safer and more profitable and to ensure the highest possible degree of safety for aircraft during taxi-ing and docking.
To find out more about the TMS and TAAM visit Phil Raftery, Sales Manager and Sasha Klein, Vice President, Air Traffic Systems and Simulations at the stand Safegate International HALL 4A, N66 Although no specific new launches are planned, Inter Airport will see Safegate highlight several of its innovative products, including: the SAFEDOCK Visual Docking Guidance System (DGS); Gate Operating System (Control and Monitoring system for DGS); a control system for AFL (including the Airfield Smart Power System) and airfield lighting and signs.