What does VBS stand for?
VBS stands for Visual Basic Script (Microsoft)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VBS
We have 108 other meanings of VBS in our Acronym Attic
- Vienna Business School
- Village Book Store (Littleton, NH)
- Virginia Barbecue Society (University of Virginia)
- Virginia Billing System
- Virginia Bonsai Society (Norfolk, VA)
- Virginia Broadcast Solutions
- Virtual Base Station
- Virtual Battle Space (simulation)
- Virtual Blade Switch (computing)
- Visit, Board, Search (US DoD)
- Visual Basic Software
- Visual Basic Streets (website)
- Visual-Based Safety
- Vlaamse Bijbelstichting (Dutch)
- Voice Broadcast Service
- Volume Boot Sector
- Virtual Battlefield System (Coalescent Technologies Corporation)
- Value-Based Self Assessment
- Van Bryan Studio Architects (Bozeman, MT)
- Västra Blekinge Sändaramatörer (Sweden amateur radio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They can also automate standard tasks needed to create frequently used reports and charts by means of Microsoft Visual Basic Script.
The file extension stands for Visual Basic Script, a language programmers and network administrators use to update software applications, Haley said.
which today alerted its customers about the "ILOVEYOU" Visual Basic Script worm, announced that its SurfinShield Corporate security software blocked the worm on the first strike.
According to Computer Associates International the virus payload consists of dropping two Visual Basic Script files and registry modifications so that the scripts will run on Windows startup.
Lucky2000 runs on Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows NT platforms, if Visual Basic script is installed, and infects all files in the current directory regardless of their extensions.
The actual virus is a Visual Basic Script worm which spreads by mailing itself to everyone in the recipient's Microsoft Outlook address book when they try to open the attachment (Homepage.