My Mobile Light was designed and tested in collaboration with low vision rehabilitation therapists at a leading College of Optometry; IMET Corporation, a Southampton, PA based contract manufacturing and product development firm specializing in PCB Assembly and Electronics Engineering; and MTS Ventures, an engineering, product design and manufacturing company in Allentown, PA.
What does VRT stand for?
VRT stands for Vision Rehabilitation Therapist
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VRT
We have 88 other meanings of VRT in our Acronym Attic
- Vehicle Registration Tax
- Verkehrsverbund Region Trier (German transportation association)
- Vibration Reduction Technology (Samsung)
- Violence Response Team (various locations)
- Virgin Rock Temperature (mining)
- Virtual Reality Therapy (psychology; aka Virtual Reality Immersion Therapy; also seen as VRIT; aka Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy; also seen as VRET)
- Virtual Resonance Tunneling
- Virtual Response Team (Australia)
- Virtual Round Table (computing conference)
- Virus Removal Tool (software)
- Vita Radio Transport (communications standard / protocol)
- Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep (public TV in Belgium, previously BRTN)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Therapist
- Voice Recognition Technology
- Voltage Reduction Technology (Intel Corp)
- Voltage Regulating Transformer
- Voltage Ride Through
- Volume Rendering Technique
- Vortex Racing Team (est. 2000; triathalons)
- Voyager Repair Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
The message of the presentation was one of encouragement to those of you who are leaders in the profession--teachers, orientation and mobility specialists, vision rehabilitation therapists, low vision rehabilitation specialists, as well as those from other professions who work with individuals with visual impairments--to write about your research, your lessons learned, and your accumulated wisdom from years of working with children and adults who are visually impaired.
The rehabilitation plan is carried out by an occupational therapist or vision rehabilitation therapist.
Those who would benefit from this publication especially includes eye care specialists, low vision therapists, occupational therapists, orientation and mobility (O&M) specialists, rehabilitation counselors, teachers of students with visual impairments, and vision rehabilitation therapists who want more detailed information about low vision assessments and interventions and to provide services that are supported by research.
The standards for preparing teachers of students with visual impairments, O&M specialists, and vision rehabilitation therapists are based on those recommended by various professional organizations, including the Council for Exceptional Children and the Academy for Certification of Rehabilitation and Education Professionals.
Although braille skills and knowledge are sampled in certification examinations for vision rehabilitation therapists conducted by the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP), test takers can pass these examinations without answering the questions on braille correctly.
Smith graduated from PCO in 2003 with a master's degree in vision rehabilitation therapy and is certified as a vision rehabilitation therapist through the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals.
In addition, ACVREP recommends that interested parties read the certification handbooks for low vision therapists, orientation and mobility specialists, and vision rehabilitation therapists prior to applying for ACVREP certification.