In two instances, pictures were transmitted from Europe to the MIT Visible Language Workshop Laboratory, processed by computer, and retransmitted to the originating point as well as to the US.
What does VLW stand for?
VLW stands for Visible Language Workshop (MIT Media Lab, Cambridge, MA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VLW
We have 6 other meanings of VLW in our Acronym Attic
- Vakaru Lietuvos Vartotoju Federacija (Lithuanian: Western Federation of Lithuanian Customers; Klaipeda, Lithuania)
- Virtual Logical Volume Image
- Van Leer Ventures Jerusalem Ltd. (Israel)
- Vakaru Lietuvos Verslo Kolegija (Lithuanian: West Lithuanian Business College)
- Van-Lang Vietnamese School (Portland, OR)
- Vereinigte Leipziger Wohnungsgenossenschaft (German: United Leipzig Housing Association; Germany)
- Very Long Wave Length
- Village-Level Worker (India)
- Vintage Lightweight (bicycles)
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly
- Virginia Lakes and Watershed Association (Chantilly, VA)
- Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy
- Vermont Livable Wage Campaign (Burlington, VT)
- Very Long Word Instruction
- Very Long Wavelength Infrared
- Vast Left-Wing Media Conspiracy
- Vancouver Lake Watershed Partnership (Vancouver, WA)
- Variable-Length Word Sequence
- Very Large Web Site
- Victoria Land and Water Stewardship Council (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He began his career in academia, teaching technology and creativity at the Visible Language Workshop of MIT's Media Lab, among other universities.
Most recently, Earl's Galaxy of News and The Millennium Project (with Lisa Strausfeld) were prominently featured works emerging from the MIT Media Lab's Visible Language Workshop.