The so-called day-night band of the Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite, or VIIRS, can distinguish the night-time glow of Earth's atmosphere as well as a light from a single ship at sea.
What does VIS/IR stand for?
VIS/IR stands for Visible Infrared
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of VIS/IR in our Acronym Attic
- Visual Imaging System (US DoD)
- Visual Information Specialist
- Vivienda de Interés Social (Colombia)
- Vlaamse Innovatie Samenwerkingsverbanden (Dutch: Flemish Innovation Partnership; Belgium)
- Voice Information System
- Voice Intermediate School (Toronto, ON, Canada)
- Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo (International Volunteers for Development)
- Volt Information Sciences (various locations)
- Visual Discrimination
- Vancomycin Intermediate/Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
- Vertically Integrated Sensor Arrays
- Victorian Institute of Sport Assessment (Australia)
- Video Interface & Signal Analysis (EU)
- Vietnamese SEARCA Fellows Association
- Villanova Indian Students Association (Pennsylvania)
- Virgin Islands Student Association
- Virtual Instrument Software Architecture
- Virtual Instrument Standard Architecture
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new sensor, the day-night band of the Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS), is sensitive enough to detect the nocturnal glow produced by Earth's atmosphere and the light from a single ship in the sea.
Its sensor, the day-night band of the Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS), is sensitive enough to detect the nocturnal glow produced by Earth's atmosphere and the light from a single ship in the sea.
Using NASA's advanced hyperspectral sensor, the Airborne Visible Infrared Imaging Spectrometer (AVIRIS), Raymond Hunt and colleagues have developed and tested a new method for locating leafy spurge (Euphorbia esula), a noxious invasive weed that causes more than $200 million a year in losses in the Great Plains and western United States.
0415321298 Visible infrared imager radiometer suite; a new operational cloud imager.
Raytheon is also developing and manufacturing the NPOESS primary electro- optical imaging sensor, the Visible Infrared Imager Radiometer Suite (VIIRS), at its Santa Barbara, Calif.
Conversely, they report, barely visible infrared or "far-red" light suppresses the tumors.
the first mission dedicated to measuring tropical and subtropical rainfall through microwave and visible infrared sensors, including the first space-borne rain radar.