He is also a director of UCD's National Virus Reference Laboratory and is a consultant microbiologist at St.
What does VRL stand for?
VRL stands for Virus Reference Laboratory (University College Dublin; Dublin, Ireland)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VRL
We have 34 other meanings of VRL in our Acronym Attic
- Vesterbro Rulleskøjte Klub (Danish: Vesterbro Roller Club; Birkerød, Denmark)
- Vlaams Radio Koor (Dutch: Flemish Radio Chorus; Flanders, Belgium)
- Vaccinia-Related Kinase 1
- Vilniaus Regiono Kredito Unija (Lithuanian: Vilnius Regional Credit Union; Lithuania)
- Variance Residual Life
- Vascular Research Laboratory (various schools)
- Vertical Reference Line
- Vijayanand Roadlines Ltd (India)
- Virtual Reality Laboratory (various locations)
- Virtual Research Library
- Vision Research Lab (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Visualization Research Lab (Brown University; Rhode Island)
- Vlaamse Reumaliga Vzw
- Virtual Research Lab for a Knowledge Community in Production (European Manufacturing and Innovation Research Association)
- Vanilloid Receptor-Like-1 (protein)
- Valve Regulated Lead Acid (battery)
- Vascular Renin-Like Enzymatic Activity
- Vermont Right to Life Committee
- Victim Rights Law Center (Boston, MA)
- Virtual Reality Learning Environment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last week the HSE decided to stop referring all suspected cases to be tested at the virus reference laboratory, meaning that now only around 60 doctors in the country will continue reporting all their cases.
Managing director Peter Broadbent said: "Oracol has been in operation since 1990 and is used the world over by medical organisations, such as the UK Virus Reference Laboratory, public health laboratories, pharmaceutical manufacturers, Universities and the World Health Organisation.
William Hall, director of the National Virus Reference Laboratory, said: "The exercise was an outstanding success.
Over the past two days, we have worked closely with the Health Service Executive and the Virus Reference Laboratory on this issue.
Though doctors are not required to notify health authorities about the bug, over 5,500 cases have been logged so far this year by the National Virus Reference Laboratory in UCD this year.
Byline: JENNY McQUAILE THE first Winter Flu case was identified yesterday by the National Virus Reference Laboratory.
And the National Virus Reference Laboratory at University College Dublin has confirmed an increase in the most common forms of influenza - A and B.