Virtual network interfaces are created on each virtual host that plugs into a virtual switch controlled by the hypervisor.
What does VNI stand for?
VNI stands for Virtual Network Interface
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VNI
We have 15 other meanings of VNI in our Acronym Attic
- Vancouver Natural History Society (Canada)
- Victoria Natural History Society (Canada)
- Visiting Nurse Health System (home health care; Georgia)
- Valley New High School #1 (on-campus high school; California State University Northridge; Northridge, CA)
- Vereeniging Nederlandsch Historisch Scheepvaart Museum Amsterdam (Dutch; maritime history museum)
- Valeur Nette d'Inventaire (French)
- Ventilation Non Invasive (medical care)
- Victorian Neurotrauma Initiative (Geelong, Victoria, Australia)
- Viet Nam international
- Village Networks Inc.
- Visual Networking Index (telecommunications)
- Visual Numerics Inc
- Virtual Network Interface Card
- Vietnam Netherlands Integrated Coastal Zone Management (coastal land development; Vietnam)
- All Russian Research Institute of Experimental Physics (Russian)
- All-Russian Research Institute for Potato Growing (Russian acronym)
- Vostok Nafta Investment Ltd.
- Vietnam National Institute of Ophthalmology (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- Vermont Nurse Internship Project (Windsor, VT)
- Virtual Network Interactive Protocol
Samples in periodicals archive:
Infinitely Virtual installs and configures the application and then places it on a Virtual Dedicated Server with a virtual CPU, virtual RAM, virtual system board and bios, virtual network interface card, and virtual drives.
An AppGate Satellite is a small appliance which, when placed on a remote network, acts as a virtual network interface of an AppGate server.
These features include Auspex-exclusive "Xtreme Virtual Partitions" that allow multiple virtual partitions to be aggregated and mirrored across multiple RAID controllers; virtual network interfaces permitting emergency rerouting of network traffic to virtual network addresses in the event of a NIC failure; and virtual servers that transfer virtual IP addresses and virtual partitions in the event of a physical server failure.
1 offers network administrators and CPE developers numerous benefits, including the ability to: --Create virtual network interfaces enabling the segregation of network traffic into VLANs based on IP routing --Run multiple virtual interfaces over a single physical interface --Provide each virtual interface with one or more IP addresses of its own, which can be obtained from DHCP servers in the corresponding VLAN --Operate PPPoE, IPsec, IPv6 and other protocols over 802.
IxANVL tests can also be driven directly over network interfaces available on the purpose-built Ixia hardware test platform via a Virtual Network Interface Card (VNIC) agent.
IxANVL is run from Linux workstations, but can also be driven over a number of the network interfaces available on the purpose-built Ixia test platform via a Virtual Network Interface Card (VNIC) agent.
26, 2004 With New POS VNIC, Ixia's IxANVL Protocol Conformance Testing Software Works with All High-Speed Networks Ixia (Nasdaq:XXIA), a leading, global provider of IP network testing solutions, announced today the availability of a new virtual network interface card (VNIC) driver for its industry-leading IxANVL protocol conformance testing software that enables testing over OC-48 and OC-192 Packet over SONET (POS) networks.