The advantage is it provides hardware support for coherence, enabling shared memory access with the same performance as ccNUMA systems, but also enables the use of local memory as a large cache and does not require a global virtual memory manager layer.
What does VMM stand for?
VMM stands for Virtual Memory Manager
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VMM
We have 48 other meanings of VMM in our Acronym Attic
- Vehicle Maintenance Menu
- Vehicle Message Matrix
- Verification Methodology Manual
- Vesta Mitra Mandiri (Indonesian scientific instrument distributor)
- Video Multipath Multicast
- Vidya Mandir Mylapore (New Delhi, India school)
- Virtual Machine Manager
- Virtual Machine Monitor
- Virtual Meeting Management
- Virtual Member Manager (International Business Machines WebSphere)
- Virtual Metamodel
- Virtual Multimeter
- Vlaamse Milieumaatschappij (Belgium)
- Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
- Voice Mail Message
- Voice Model Mobility (telecommunications)
- Voicemail MAX
- Verification Methodology Manual for Low Power Design
- Vanessa Mills Makeup Artistry (Canada)
- Vecinos Mundiales Mesoamérica (Spanish: World-wide Neighbors Mesoamerica
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Nucleus provides a unified virtual machine interface for various operating system (subsystem) implementations, UNIX(R) being a prime example, and provides: -- A real-time executive which synchronizes and pre-emptively schedules priority-based tasks -- Modern, optimized Inter-Process Communication (asynchronous IPC and Remote Procedure Call (RPC) -- A low-level hardware supervisor which dynamically loads interrupt and trap handlers -- An advanced (optional) distributed virtual memory manager which optimizes distributed object copying.
About Connectix Corporation Connectix pioneered virtual computing 13 years ago with the industry's first virtual memory manager for personal computers.
About Connectix Corporation Connectix pioneered virtual computing 12 years ago with the industry's first virtual memory manager for the personal computer.
About Connectix Corporation Connectix pioneered virtual computing 12 years ago with the industry's first virtual memory manager.
The OS has a very robust kernel design, especially in areas like virtual memory manager and networking.