For enterprises, the StorageWorks Virtual Library System emulates multiple tape libraries or drives for data centers to reliably back up large amounts of data with quick restores.
What does VLS stand for?
VLS stands for Virtual Library System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VLS
We have 114 other meanings of VLS in our Acronym Attic
- Variable Low Speed
- Vascular Leak Syndrome (medical disorder)
- Vehicle Lease and Service Limited (UK)
- Vélos en Libre Service (French: free bicycling service)
- Vertical Launch System
- Vertical Lay System (subsea production wells)
- Very Long Shot
- Victory Lane Speedway (Canada)
- Vinyl Single
- Virtual Learning Space
- Vodka, Lime and Soda
- Volunteer Life Saving Corps
- Victorian Local Sustainability Accord (Australia)
- Viatical and Life Settlement Association of America
- Valley Life Sciences Building (University of California, Berkeley)
- Very Large Scale Biocomputing (committee; Japan)
- Very Low Surface Brightness (galaxy)
- Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway (Oregon to California)
- Vancouver Lake Sailing Club (Vancouver, WA)
- Variable-Length Source Coding
Samples in periodicals archive:
Iraqi scientists who get vetted as people working to improve the situation in Iraq can come into this virtual library system for data they would otherwise not have, in order to continue their work.
ASACA's FireFly DM Digital Virtual Library systems, integrating 200GB MaXLine II SATA drives, will be available in first quarter of 2003 and 250GB MaXLine II SATA drives will be available in second quarter of 2003.
The updated business protection portfolio now offers a new virtual library system and tape library and improved software for HP ProLiant servers.
Storage technology and services For customers seeking to consolidate their backup operations, increase the availability of application and file servers, and improve recovery times, HP extended the maximum capacity of the HP StorageWorks 6000 Virtual Library System to 70 terabytes (TB) by adding support for new 500-GB drives.
SEPATON's ability to scale capacity and performance cost-effectively made it the most logical design partner choice for HP to integrate SEPATON's data protection platform as the basis for the HP StorageWorks 6000 Virtual Library System This technology enables HP customers to accelerate their backup performance in complex SAN environments and improve the overall reliability of their data protection processes.
Other recent highlights include the introduction or enhancement of: --HP ProLiant Data Protection Storage Servers - easy-to-deploy, disk-based backup solutions powered by Microsoft(R) DPM for near continuous protection of Windows(R) file servers; --HP StorageWorks 6840 Virtual Library System - which improves the performance and reliability of the data protection process with backup and recovery that is up to 10 times faster than existing tape solutions;(2) --HP Electronic Vaulting Service for Enterprises - which provides highly secure, scalable and automated remote backup for heterogeneous environments; and --HP StorageWorks File Migration Agent - which reduces online storage requirements by providing flexible migration and archiving.
1) The company also extended the HP Virtual Library System to accelerate backup and recovery and introduced HP Electronic Vaulting Services to provide customers with secure, remote storage and retrieval of the information vital to their businesses.