SAN traffic, such as Fibre Channel, FICON, ESCON, or Gigabit Ethernet, is encapsulated using Transparent Generic Framing Procedure (GFP-T) and mapped to an OIF compliant SPI-3 interface for connection to SONET/SDH framers supporting GFP-F, Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) and Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) such as Galazar's industry leading MSF250 and DSF250 framers.
What does VCat stand for?
VCat stands for Virtual Concatenation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VCat
We have 8 other meanings of VCat in our Acronym Attic
- Violent Crimes Against Senior Citizens
- Virtual Center for Advanced Studies in Institution (Japan)
- Vehicular Collision Avoidance Support System (inter-vehicle communications)
- Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School (Southbank, Victoria, Australia)
- Visually Coupled Airborne Simulator System
- Victorian College of the Arts Student Union (Australia)
- Venture Capital Aptitude Test (satire)
- Veterinary College Admission Test
- Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (Australia)
- Violent Criminal Apprehension Team (Charlotte, NC police)
- Voluntary Community Action Trafford (UK)
- Virtual Clearinghouse on Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Variable Configuration Antenna Test System (intelligence program)
- Vehicle Configuration and Test Systems
- Visually Coupled Acquisition and Targeting System
- Voice Communications Access Unit
- Construction Battalion (US Navy)
- Vacation Camp for the Blind (Spring Valley, NY)
- Vacuum Circuit Breaker
- Vaginal Cuff Boost
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ARROW-2xGE supports two Gigabit Ethernet channels and independently maps each of them into a STS-48/STM-16 channelized payload, using the new Virtual Concatenation (VC) and Generic Framing Procedure (GFP) standards to ensure efficient use of the SONET channel bandwidth.
VIRTUAL CONCATENATION Virtual concatenation offers a way to overcome the problem.
Glossary of Abbreviations Exhibit 1 - OSI layered model: a web-browsing example Exhibit 2 - Long distance fibre communication wavelength bands Exhibit 3 - Microwave band terminology Exhibit 4 - CLASS Services Table 1 - SDH and SONET Data Rates Table 2 - Virtual Concatenation Base Container Approximate Bandwidths For more information visit http://www.
These include virtual concatenation (VCAT), the operation to provide more granularity, and the link capacity adjustment scheme (LCAS), an extension of VCAT that provides more flexibility.
Optical metro DWDM series portfolios of products are equipped with resilient packet ring technology, generic framing protocol service mapping, and virtual concatenation that enables efficient bandwidth utilization with native rate client data and storage interfaces.
00, the RazorAccess 800 is a very cost effective add/drop multiplexer that combines nxT1/E1 digital access and Ethernet Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) with powerful grooming and cross connect capabilities.
Galazar is a technology leader in Generic Framing Protocol (GFP), Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) of both High and Low Order paths, and Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme (LCAS).