US Army won the only Effies in this category, one Effie for Virtual Army Experience (along with agency partner Ignited) and one for Xbox/Halo 3 (with agency partners McCann Erickson, Universal McCann and MRM).
What does VAE stand for?
VAE stands for Virtual Army Experience (trademark of US Army)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VAE
We have 34 other meanings of VAE in our Acronym Attic
- Validation des Acquis d'Expérience (French: Validation of Learning Through Experience; degree granting initiative; France)
- Variable Aperture Electrode (semiconductors)
- Vélo à Assistance Electrique (French: Electric-Assist Bicycle)
- velocity-anisotropy error
- venous air embolism
- Vereinte Arabische Emirate (German: United Arab Emirates)
- Vermont Arts Exchange (est. 1994; arts development organization; North Bennington, VT )
- Vermont Automobile Enthusiasts (est. 1953)
- Video Analysis Engine
- Vinyl Acetate Ethylene Copolymer
- Valuers Appraisers and Estate Agents (Malaysia)
- Victorian Aboriginal Education Association Incorporated (Victoria, Australia)
- Virginia Alternative Educators Association (est. 1990)
- Virginia Art Education Association (Richmond, VA)
- Victorian Aboriginal Education Association Inc. (Australia)
- Vancouver Animal Emergency Clinic (Canada)
- Vietnam Atomic Energy Commission
- Visual Arts Education Canada
- Virginia Association for Early Childhood Education (Portsmouth, VA)
- Victorian Aboriginal Education Consultative Group (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Casey Wardynski pitched senior Army leaders the concept of using computer-game technology to develop an engaging and entertaining virtual Army experience, two things were certain: games about the Army were widely popular, and the Army was facing challenges communicating with technology-savvy young Americans about Army career opportunities.
US Army won the only Effies in this category, one Effie for Virtual Army Experience, (along with agency partner, Ignited) and one for Xbox/Halo 3 (with agency partners McCann Erickson, Universal McCann and MRM).
By engaging players' imaginations and immersing them in a virtual Army experience, the game has placed soldiering front and center within popular culture, Wardynski said.